Call an MHA Location Today
This position provides Psychiatric Urgent Care only.
Individual must possess license as a registered nurse (RN) applicable by the New Jersey state professional board and have graduated from an accredited nursing training program. Personal professional liability insurance and proof thereof. Valid New Jersey Driver’s License
Ability to assess general clinical status as well as interpret clinical charts when available
Ability to identify clinical crises that may require emergency intervention
Ability to complete general medical status as well as interpret medical charts when available
Ability to engage with individuals
Ability to educate individuals regarding medical conditions
Create a crisis plan with each individual that utilizes all community 24-hour services
Educate individuals on how to follow a crisis plan
Ability to communicate clearly through writing and verbally
Uses Motivational Interviewing to provide the following services:
1. Complete Integrated Health Assessments/Reassessments and assist with the integration of medical care
2. Case Management and Care Coordination to address co-occurring physical health and behavioral health problems
3. Participate in the development of a services plans/care coordination/linkage and referrals
4. Provide education and consultation on medical and health maintenance issues and addressing physical health problems via service planning and health and wellness skill-building
5. Provide support to Urgent Care Managers regarding outreach, engaging
6. Attend supervision meetings and agency staff meetings
7. Attend meetings with program partners and community providers to reach program objectives.
Ask about eligibility for our Retention Incentive Program after 6 months of employment.
EISS Program Director
MHAEM is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MHAEM’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.