Call an MHA Location Today
This position provides Psychiatric Urgent Care only.
Master’s Degree from an accredited University. LCSW or comparable license plus two years of experience.
1. Ability to assess behavioral health needs and identify early warning signs of behavioral
And physical health crises, using MHA’s bio-psycho-social assessment.
2. Ability to provide evidence-based services, including MI, CBT/DBT; IMR;
Mindfulness/Relaxation exercises; WRAP support; and Harm-reduction to reduce emotional reactivity, reduce substance use, improve cognitive functioning, and health.
3. Ability to provide specialized Substance Use Treatment, Family Therapy and Group
Therapy, if hired specifically to do so.
4. Ability to engage effectively with individuals
5. Ability to educate individuals regarding mental illness and other functional impairments
6. Ability to discuss substance abuse/dependence issues as well as educate individuals on
7. Create a crisis plan with each individual
8. Educate individuals on how to follow a crisis plan
9. Ability to communicate clearly through writing and verbally
Uses Motivational Interviewing to provide the following services:
1. Provides MI and other evidence-based services to support engagement and recovery and ensures that all services reflect SAMHSA’s 10 Principles of Recovery and Eight Principles of Wellness and Recovery.
2. Uses MI to provide crisis intervention/crisis stabilization to help persons in need of Tier I services transition to Tier II services.
3. Uses MI to provide Tier II evidence-based, skill-building services, including CBT/DBT; Illness Management & Recovery (IMR); Mindfulness/Relaxation exercises; WRAP support; and Harm-reduction to reduce emotional reactivity, reduce substance use, improve cognitive functioning, and improve health.
4. Provides integration of physical and mental health by addressing both in treatment.
5. Provide on-call services to provide in-person crisis intervention/crisis stabilization, and telephonic support, and help individuals in need to access emergency meds, emergency respite, and emergency food.
6. Provide services on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis to ensure 24-hour/7-day access to services.
7. Provides specialized Substance Use Treatment, Family Therapy and Group Therapy.
8. Completes all required documentation showing consistent and effective provision of MI and other evidence-based services.
9. Attends and participates actively in staff meetings
10. Attend meetings with program partners/community providers for service coordination.
Ask about eligibility for our Retention Incentive Program after 6 months of employment.
EISS Program Director
MHAEM is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MHAEM’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.